|How You Can Help|
|All of our work is done by volunteers, and we'd love to have your name on our list of people we can call to help out when a need arises. The areas we might need help with are home foster care, transportation, home visits, and lesser tasks such as reference checking of adoption applicants by phone.|
|For those who do not have the time or means to participate in such activities, we greatly appreciate donations to help cover our expenses.|
|Home Foster Care|
|We are not a shelter facility. We place our dogs in foster homes where we keep them until we can find them permanent homes. Our foster caregivers not only provide loving, temporary homes for our dogs, but also play an important role in evaluating them and helping to determine what type of permanent home situation will best meet their particular needs.
Sometimes dogs are surrendered because they were not social or otherwise had bad habits. But an experienced foster caregiver may find that in a loving home with proper instruction and patience, these "bad habits" had more to do with the previous owner than the dog.
We are in need of foster homes in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. If you are interested in fostering a dog, please read Questions and Answers about Fostering a Dog to learn more about the subject.
|Owners surrendering dogs are not always able to deliver them. When we are receiving dogs from outside our immediate area, we occasionally need assistance from a rescue volunteer in getting the dogs transported to us.|
|One of the steps in our adoption procedure is to visit the home of each person who applies to adopt a dog. Again, if the applicant's home is outside our immediate area, we occasionally need assistance from a rescue volunteer who lives near or can otherwise visit the applicant's home.|
|Steps to Becoming a Volunteer|
- Contact one of the rescue members listed on the Contact Us page.
- After discussing your situation, you will be asked to complete a Volunteer Application:
- If you have Microsoft Word on your computer, use Volunteer Application in Word. You will be able to complete the form, save it to your hard drive, then e-mail it as an attachment.
- If you don't have Microsoft Word, use Volunteer Application in PDF. You will be able to print it, fill it out in pen, and mail it.
- If you volunteer to foster dogs, you will be asked to complete a Foster Care Agreement upon receiving a dog. This agreement will be discussed when you first contact a rescue member about fostering.
|Some of the dogs we rescue have medical problems, and our costs for caring for them are greater than those adopting them can contribute. The only way we can provide for these little ones is through the help of your donations.|
|If you are able to help with these expenses, please send your donation to:|
|MapleCreek Miniature Schnauzer Rescue|
c/o Roz Shroyer
777 Butte Hill Road
Woodland, WA 98674
|Looking for a great birthday or holiday gift? How about giving a special gift of life and a second chance for a little one by donating in their name. To make a donation as a gift, simply give us their name and e-mail or mail address and we will make sure they receive a special note expressing our appreciation.|